Chocolate orange brownies.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16
Delectable chocolate and orange brownies, flavoured with a little orange extract, crystalized orange peel and cranberries.
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 250g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 75g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50g crystalized orange peel (chopped)
- 50g dried cranberries
- Sainsburys Taste the Difference Valencian Orange extract
- STEP 1Put your oven on 180c. Grease and line a square baking tray (approximately 30 cm square).
- STEP 2Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool slightly.
- STEP 3Whisk the eggs with the sugar until thick and creamy. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture and carefully combine.
- STEP 4Sift the flour and cocoa into the mix and stir gently. Then add the dried fruits and Valencian Orange extract.
- STEP 5Spread the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the hot oven for approximately 15 minutes. The top should have a light crust and there should be a very slight wobble underneath. Cool before cutting.