Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pesto Roasted Cod and Veg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Mediterranean roasted vegetables with pesto baked cod. One tray, little mess, healthy, simple and a great way to add flavour to white fish.
- 2 cod fillets
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- 3 medium courgettes
- 2 large red onions
- Pack of cherry tomatoes
- Red pesto
- Pumpkin seeds
- Smoked paprika
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- STEP 2Chop the peppers, courgettes and red onions into chunks approx.. 3cm x 3cm and place on a large baking tray. Cover evenly with a bit of oil (I use coconut) and season with salt, pepper and a good sprinkling of smoked paprika. Bake the veg for 25-30minutes
- STEP 3Remove the veg from the oven and add in the whole pack of cherry tomatoes. Take the cod fillets and rest them on top of the veg. Put heaped 1tbsp of red pesto on top of each fillet and spread to cover the top of the fish, then sprinkle pumpkin seeds onto the pesto (you can also use breadcrumbs / parmesan / chilli / whatever takes your fancy).
- STEP 4Put the tray back into the oven and bake for 15-20minutes until the fish is cooked. The veg should be cooked and caramelised, not watery.