- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Mediterranean mince stew For 4 people
- Beef mince - 1kg
- Canned tomato - 2 cans
- Courgettes - 3 medium, diced in small cubes (mouthful size)
- Potatoes - 4 medium, diced in small cubes (mouthful size)
- Garlic - 2 cloves, thinly sliced
- Tomato - 2 medium tomatoes diced in small cubes
- Onion - 1 large, thinly sliced
- Olive oil - 2 tble sp
- STEP 1Boil salted water (1.5 litre) and cook potatoes until tender in a large pot. Dice in cubes (mouthful portion)
- STEP 2Heat up oil in large pan, and add garlic and onion. Once onion is soft/transparent, add mince and cook until brown. Stir through.
- STEP 3Mix the mince with the potatoes, and add courgettes, tomatoes and canned tomatoes. Stir for 30mins.
- STEP 4Add chilli and/or basil for seasoning