Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Victoria Sponge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 45mins for making icing sugar
- Serves 12
Quick and simple method to make a perfect victoria sponge - doesnt matter if you use a food processor, whisk or my hand
- 4 eggs
- 225g / 8oz Sugar
- 225g / 8oz Self-raising flour
- 225g / 8oz Butter
- 2tsp Baking Powder
Butter Cream Icing:
- 2oz / 60g Margarine
- 4oz / 120g Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Milk
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180oC
- STEP 2Add eggs and sugar to a bowl and mix
- STEP 3Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- STEP 4Cook for 25-30mins or until golden brown. The cake will be cooked when pressing the top lightly will leave no imprint in the cake.
- STEP 5Leave to cool for 30mins
- STEP 6Add margarine and icing sugar into a bowl and mix until creamy. Add milk if necessary.
- STEP 7Spread one side of the cake with the butter icing and sandwich two pieces together