Warm chocolate & pear cake
Member recipe by laurabethmcn
Warm, gooey chocolate pear cake - wonderful with cream or ice cream.
- 185g dark chocolate
- 125g ground almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 95g caster sugar
- 3 firm-ish pears peeled, cored and halved (or quartered, depending on size)
- Grease and line a 21cm spring-form cake tin with greaseproof paper and pre-heat the oven 190 D.
- Break the chocolate into a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Mix the almonds, eggs, butter and sugar together until smooth. Pour in the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the tin, press the pear halves/quarters around the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes. The cake should be very squidgy in the middle but not liquid. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and serve with thick cream or vanilla ice cream.