Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Really easy recipe. Great for a cold winter day and very low in Kcal. Recipe makes 2 [I only cook for myself] so add ingredients accordingly. Each portion contains 212 Kcal
- 150g chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- 1 small can of sweetcorn [140g drained]
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- 50g canned chickpeas
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of Salt, Pepper and Parsley to taste
- STEP 1Cut raw chicken breast into small cubes and onion into thin slices. Fill half of a medium sized saucepan with water and boil the chicken for about 5 minutes. Add onions and boil for another 5-10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- STEP 2Add 2 cups of chicken broth to pot and stir well. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for around 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the chickpeas, sweetcorn, salt and pepper and let simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat. In the mean time, lightly beat two eggs in a separate bowl. Add the eggs to the pot and stir well. Turn off heat, cover pot and allow to sit for around 5 minutes before serving.
- STEP 4Serve with fresh parsley on top for added flavour. If a thicker consistency is desired, you may add corn flour or blend with a hand blender if preferred.