Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10 large cookies
Chewy chocolate chuck cookies which are easy to make and cheap as chips. You'll never buy shop made ones again!
- 125g unsifted plain flour
- 50g unsifted self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 112g unsalted butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 55g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized egg
- 60g roughly chopped chocolate of choice
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- STEP 2In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- STEP 3In another bowl, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in the egg. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate.
- STEP 4Roll the dough into a sausage shape, about 5cm in diameter. Wrap it in cling film and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- STEP 5When you are ready to bake the cookies, cut the dough into 2cm thick slices and lay on a baking tray, spacing them wide apart (they will spread to about 10cm in diameter). Bake for 9-11 minutes.