Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pasta con Zucchini
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
When your palate is looking for something comforting and satisfying, take out some of your pantry staples and try this dish. It's savory, sweet and simple to make. It can be served as a casual dinner or you can serve it to impress your friends.
- 5 medium small zucchini, grated (large)
- 1 medium sweet onion, grated (large)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3-4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, for the skillet
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp of Fresh rosemary
- 1 lb. parpadelle, cooked
- STEP 1Grate the onion and zucchini in a seperate bowl.
- STEP 2In large skillet warm the olive oil and add the grated onion to the skillet. Cook at medium heat until they become translucent then just barely golden.
- STEP 3Next add the zudchini and cook until barely golden also. For the first minute or two raise the heat a bit then turn it back to medium. Don't burn the zuchinni they may turn bitter. Cook for 8-12 minutes.
- STEP 4Salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is a little too dry add a little more olive oil.
- STEP 5Add the finely chopped garlic in the center of the skillet give it a minute or so then add the fresh chopped rosemary herb and cook for a minute. Fold gently and turn off the heat.
- STEP 6Meanwhile you should have your pasta boiling and ready for the sauce. Add the cooked al dente pasta to the sauce and mix gently. Add just a little pasta water if needed. Plate each dish and drizzle a little olive oil, freshly grated romano, parmesan or even gorganzola cheese on top. Che buono!