Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
One of the quickest Tomato Soups you'll make.
- 500 ml Veg or chicken stock
- 2 celery sticks halved
- 1 carrot halved
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g mixed tomatoes e.g cherry,beef and plum
- 1 x 400g can plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to season
- STEP 1Bring the stock to boil in a small saucepan. Using a hand held blender blitz the celery,carrot,onion and garlic until roughly chopped. Transfer to a medium saucepan with the olive oil and 1 tbsp or water and saute for a couple of mins. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- STEP 2Add the tinned tomatoes and stock and simmer for 10 mins. Add the red wine vinegar,blitz until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Garnish with roasted tomatoes if you wish. Add 75ml of cream once the soup has been blitzed to make a cream of tomato soup