Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple yet delicious tomatoey chicken, full of flavour and perfect for cold days.
- 1Tbsp Oil
- 1Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 chicken thighs cut into small bits
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 roughly cut onion
- 1/2 a bell pepper sliced
- 2Tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 Tsp chilli flakes
- 120ml chicken stock
- 15oz tinned tomatoes
- 100g sour cream
- 1Tbsp flour
- Pasta or bread to serve
- STEP 1Fry the garlic in the oil for 1 minute then add the chicken and stir until white all over.
- STEP 2Add the salt, pepper, onion and bell pepper and cook for a further few minutes stirring occasionally until the onion begins to soften.
- STEP 3Add the paprika and chilli flakes, give it a good stir and cook for a minute to allow the flavour to mix then add the chicken stock and tomatoes.
- STEP 4Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 40 minutes stirring every now and then to avoid sticking.
- STEP 5Take a few spoons of the tomatoey liquid, add it to the sour cream and mix with the flour before adding the mixture back to the pot, stir and simmer for a further 5 minutes and then serve hot with pasta or bread.