Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Hot Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A hot and warming winter soup, retaining full flavour by using a slow cooker.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 long sweet red pepper
- 5 large vine tomatoes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre (min) veg stock
- 1 large red onion
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- pepper to taste
- STEP 1Roughly chop red peppers, discard and remove seeds and stalks.
- STEP 2Cut tomatoes into chunks, remove and discard hard core at stalk end.
- STEP 3Peel and chop onion roughly.
- STEP 4Put chopped veg, and all other ingredients into slow cooker. Cook overnight on low setting, or for about 6-8 hrs. Time isn't too crucial with this method.
- STEP 5Blitz in batches using a blender. Add extra veg stock if required to achieve desired thickness.
- STEP 6Depending on how much extra stock you add this should make about 8 average portions of soup, and is great for freezing.
- STEP 7Season with pepper, according to taste.