Autumn Vegetable Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A lovely warming soup with a touch of sweetness, suitable for all and cooked overnight in the slow cooker for extra flavour.
- 2 long sweet red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 5 large vine tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- a large pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1200 ml veg stock
- STEP 1Roughly chop red peppers, removing and discarding stalks and seeds.
- STEP 2Peel and chop red onion
- STEP 3Peel and chop roughly the carrots and sweet potato.
- STEP 4Chop tomatoes into chunks, removing and discarding stalks and hard cores.
- STEP 5Put all ingredients into large slow cooker and cook on LOW overnight (or 6 -8 hours - exact time isn't crucial)
- STEP 6Blitz in batches in a blender, mixing batches together afterwards as there may be more stock in some batches.
- STEP 7Check for thickness and flavour and add extra veg stock, salt and pepper if required. Suitable for freezing. Makes approx 8 average servings. Variation in the quantity of stock will affect the number of servings.