Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Leek, potato and carrot soup.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 5
This is a amazing soup that I have been doing for years now. It is a take on leek and potato but much better.
- 2 leeks
- 250g potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 stock cube
- 300ml milk
- 25g butter
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 800ml of boiling water.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- STEP 1Peel your potatoes and cut them into small chunks. Put them in a big pan. Cut the dark green off the leek as well as a slice of the bottom. Wash thoroughly to get all the dirt off. Cut them into thin slices.
- STEP 2Peel the carrots and thinly cube them. Add all vegetables to the pan along with the butter and oil. Turn the heat to medium then when the butter has melted turn to low.
- STEP 3Leave the vegetables to cook for ten 10 minutes. Boil the water and add the stock cube stir until dissolved. Add to pan. Along with the salt and pepper. Leave for 2 minutes then add the milk.
- STEP 4Bring the heat to medium and let it boil. Turn heat down and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- STEP 5From here you can either leave it chunky or you could blend it with a hand held blender till smooth.