Potato cigarette borek (patestesli sigara boregi)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Traditional Turkish dish to eat with a cup of tea
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 250g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 0,5 tsp red pepper crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 12 sheets of phyllo pastry
- STEP 1Boil potatoes.
- STEP 2Saute onions with butter.
- STEP 3Add the boiled potatoes and all the ingredients except egg and seeds. Mix well.
- STEP 4Line up 3 sheets of phyllo pastry. Put in filling. Roll up ends and add a little water to seal. Repeat the process.
- STEP 5Brush egg yolk on the top and the sides of rolls. Sprinkle with nigella seeds.
- STEP 6Cook at 190c for 15 mins until the top is golden.