- Preparation and cooking time
- Can make a day ahead and leave covered in the fridge before cooking!
- Serves 2
Simple baked porridge for a comforting and healthy breakfast!
- 100g granola
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional, or flavouring of choice)
- 200ml almond milk
- 20g of honey
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Use an electric hand whisk to beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- STEP 2Lightly beat the egg yolks and fold into the fluffy egg whites.
- STEP 3Mix in the almond milk, slightly melted (in the microwave for ~10 seconds) honey, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- STEP 4Carefully fold in the granola.
- STEP 5Spoon the fluffy mixture into a baking dish, and top with thin slices of the banana.
- STEP 6Bake in the oven, uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.