egg free welsh cakes
Member recipe by angharadjones
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cakes
these yummy welsh cakes are suitable for people who can not eat egg and are also alot of fun to make.
- 500g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- raisins or currants to taste
- 1 tsp mixed spice or cinamon
- 200g butter
- milk to mix
- sieve the flour , baking powder and spices into a bowl. add the butter, broken into small chunks . rub together until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- add the currants and the suger then mix. slowly add the milk until it comes to a lump when you mix it. roll and cut into shape.
- heat a heavy bottomed frying pan and grease ir. place the welsh cakes in the pan and turn over when it is a nice golden brown.
- take them out of the pan and sprinkle them with cinamon and sugar.