- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 150ml/ generous 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 150g mixed mushrooms, chopped if large
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Cook the onion in covered saucepan with 3 tablespoon of the stock for about 4 minutes or until softened and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic and seasoning, then add the remaining stock, mustard and tomato paste.
- STEP 2Cook, covered, for 2 minutes, then remove the lid and cook rapidly for 2 minutes to reduce the liquid to a syrup. Stir in the creme fruit and parsley and serve immediately on a bed of rice or couscous.