Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Garlic bruschetta with tomato and basil
- Crusty Bread cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 Beef tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Handful of Fresh Basil (or a tsp of mixed herbs)
- Salt and pepper to season
- STEP 1Measure out 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Half the tomatoes and scrape out the seeds. Mop up any moisture on the tomatoes using kitchen paper. Dice the tomatoes and add to the olive oil. Chop up a small bunch of basil leaves and add to the tomatoes, stirring to combine all the ingredients.
- STEP 2Cut the bread on an angle into 1cm thick slices, rub the garlic clove over one side and brown under the grill.
- STEP 3Spoon the tomato mixture over the bread and serve. Simple but delicious.
- STEP 4Some may choose to use onion in the tomato mixture but I prefer this dish without.