Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Triple Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 minutes cooling time.
- Makes 12 muffins
Very easy to make muffins with extra chocolate chips. The extra chocolate means they don't rise as much as others but worth it. Half the mass of chocolate chips if you prefer them to rise more.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 2 or 3 tbsp cocoa powder depending on own preference
- 100g milk chocolate chunks
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 50g dark or milk chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6 and fill a 12 bun muffin tray with paper cases.
- STEP 2Weigh out the dry ingredients into a large bowl with the exception of the 50g of chocolate chips which will be usedone for the muffin topping. (If you prefer, a higher rise on your muffins only add 100g of chocolate chips in total into the mix) Pour all the liquid ingredients into a large jug or bowl.
- STEP 3Mix both bowls together with large spoon. DO NOT OVERMIX. It will be a lumpy but runny batter. Spoon into the muffin cases.
- STEP 4Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and then cook for 20 mins or until risen and springy.
- STEP 5Dust with icing sugar if you wish for a nice finish.