- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
COOKED IN SLOW COOKER
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g pack diced carrot & swede
- 400g pack diced beef
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 level tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 stock cube, dissolved in 300ml hot water
- STEP 1Set the slow cooker to low and put in the onion, carrots and swede, then add the beef on top.
- STEP 2Add the herbs, tomato ketchup, worcestershire sauce (if using) and cornflour to the stock.
- STEP 3Mix, then pour over the beef.
- STEP 4Cook for 7 to 10 hours on low setting.
- STEP 5Serve with mash, bread or rice.