Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate and chestnut pave
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10-12
beautiful rich dessert
- 1.4kg chestnuts
- 1 vanilla pod
- 375g of chocolate
- 125ml water
- 175g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2tbls brandy
- chantilly cream or sorbet to serve
- STEP 1Lightly grease the loaf tin or whatever tin your using, line the base with greaseproof paper. Peel the chestnuts and put them in a saucepan with the vanilla pod
- STEP 2Add enough water to cover, the pan and simmer until the nuts are tender. 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the vanilla pod and drain the nuts.
- STEP 3. Puree the nuts in a food processor. Melt the chocolate in the 125ml of water over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Let it cool to tepid. Beat the butter and sugar until light and soft
- STEP 4Stir in the cooled chocolate and then the chestnut puree, brandy. Mix until smooth. Pack the mixture into the tin, cover and chill for at least 12 hours or even upto a week. To serve, unmould the pave and discard the paper. Cut the pave in thin slices with a knife dipped in hot water. Set the slices on your plates and decorate with chantilly cream, using a piping bag and star tube. Chill until ready to serve.