Granny Irene's Ginger Crunch
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1 hour cooling time
- Serves 12
A lovely, moist crunchy flapjack with a hint of ginger - invented by Grandma Irene Bateman.
- 2.5 tbsp golden syrup
- 170g butter
- 170g rolled oats
- 85g castor sugar
- 1.5 tbsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tspn salt
You can add raisins to this mixture before putting in the oven, OR
- you could add melted chocolate to the ends, as photo.
- you could just leave it plain old Grandma Irene's way!
- STEP 1Melt butter and syrup in a pan.
- STEP 2Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- STEP 3Pour into a long dish or shallow baking tray. The smaller the dish, the thicker and chewier the flapjack; the larger the dish the thinner and crispier the flapjack!
- STEP 4Bake in a moderate oven, 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- STEP 5Score pieces whilst hot, add chocolate if using, and leave to cool in dish.