Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy to make, tasty spicy chickpea and sweet potato salad, can be eaten hot or cold. Can add more spices to taste etc.
- 300g kumara
- 300g sweet potato
- 80ml oil
- 30g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 tin cooked chickpeas, drained
- STEP 1Cut sweet potato and kumara into 3cm cubes. Heat oil and butter in a pan and cook the onion until soft.
- STEP 2Add sweet potato and kumara and cook slowly, stirring occasionally until soft.
- STEP 3Add spices, peas and chickpeas and cook, stirring until heated through.