Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken pasta with garlic ginger and pine nuts.
- Preparation and cooking time
- leave meat to marinade for an hour if possible.
- Serves 4
Light, fresh and zingy chicken pasta. Quick to make perfect for lunches.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- pasta of your choice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- thumb size peice of root ginger
- pine nuts
- 2 peppers
- extra virgin olive oil
- STEP 1Cut chicken breasts into thin slithers and place in a large bowl. Chop the garlic and the ginger and add to the bowl with a generous amount of olive oil. Stir, cover and leave to marinade for at least an hour if possible.
- STEP 2Toast pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside. (Sunflower seeds can be used to cut costs)
- STEP 3Heat a large frying pan then add the chicken along with the marinade of oil garlic and ginger.
- STEP 4Finely slice the pepper and add to the pan once all the chicken is sealed then continue to fry until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- STEP 5Meanwhile prepare the pasta of your choice. (tricolour pasta can add some colour to what could be a bland looking dish if you choose not to add peppers). Drain then add to the pan of cooked chicken. Stir gently, ensuring all the pasta becomes lightly coated in oil (add a little more oil if needs be).
- STEP 6Stir in toasted pine nuts. Serve hot with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread.