Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Blueberry Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 cake
This is a lovely recipe ideal for beginners.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cups softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 10 ooz baking powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line or grease the tin. Start by creaming the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy
- STEP 2Beat the eggs and add to the creamed sugar and butter, stirring with a wooden spoon continuously.
- STEP 3The flour sifted with salt, baking powder and cinnamon must slowly be combined into the mixture.
- STEP 4Now add your blueberries to the mixture.
- STEP 5Add your mixture to the tin and allow bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- STEP 6Allow to cool and optionally you can garnish with clotted cream and/or blueberry compote.