Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Russian twist on the classic sausage casserole. Goes great with mash or rice.
- 8 sausages (pork, beef, vegetarian - it's your choice!)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp of tomato puree
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 2 shots of Vodka (or more if you want a stronger taste)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- A pinch of mixed herbs
- STEP 1Finely chop your onion. Cook your sausages with the onion. You can fry them or cook them in the oven, whatever you prefer. Make sure they are cooked all the way through, drain the oil and leave them to cool down.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, chop your tomatoes and garlic. Add your tinned tomatoes to a saucepan, along with your chopped tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs, puree and measure of Vodka. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 3Add your sausages (whole or chopped) and onion to the the pan and cook on a low heat for 40 mins.
- STEP 4Serve with mash or rice.