chocolate orange flapjack
- Preparation and cooking time
- 90 mins chilling time aprox
- Makes 16
Buttery flapjack with terrys chocolate orange
- 150g salted butter
- 3 large tablespoons golden syrup
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 260g rolled porridge oats
- 1 terrys milk chocolate orange
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180° and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper (I use 25×18cm)
- STEP 2Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar has fully dissolved.
- STEP 3Stir in 250g of rolled oats and stir well
- STEP 4Pour into the baking tin and squash down (I use a potato masher)
- STEP 5Bake in oven for 25 mins then leave in tray until cool to prevent crumbling.
- STEP 6Heat 1 whole terrys chocolate orange in microwave in 30 second bursts until melted (about 90 seconds).
- STEP 7Pour over flapjack and chill in fridge until you are ready to cut into pieces