Easy onion soup
Member recipe by kibbledonion
A simple, tasty and filling onion soup made with very few ingrediants.
- 3 Onions, shredded
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 15g Butter - or oil
- 2 Vegatable stock cubes
- 900ml water
- 2 tea spoons brown sugar - can use white
- 2 'Good sized' potatoes, cubed
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 1 Table spoon mixed random herbs - coriander, parsley, dill
- Salt and pepper
- Turn hob on and place butter in frying pan or wok on the lit ring. Peel and shred onion and then add to the pan.
- Continually move onions around until soft and golden brown. When onions have gone soft and brown, add crushed garlic and mix.
- In a large pan boil water, add stock cubes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Then add the onion and garlic mix.
- Cut up the potatoes and add to the pan, and then do the same with the carrot.
- Simmer on low heat for an hour.
- Use a hand-held blender or place the soup into a standalone blender and blits untill thick. Then simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread and melted cheese, enjoy.