Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy polenta with vegetables
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Originally uses kale and mushrooms but these can be relaced
- 2/3 mug polenta
- 250g kale
- 500g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- dozen sprigs fresh thyme
- olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 190C
- STEP 2Add polenta to 1 litre of boiling water, stirring as you pour. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes until it's nice and thick. Then place a lid on the pan and every 5 minutes stir again.
- STEP 3Tear the kale off it's stem and place on a baking tray with a little olive oil and salt. Bake for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- STEP 4Slice the mushrooms into thin pieces and place in a frying pan with the soy sauce an thyme leaves. Saute fr 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 5Once everything has finished cooking stir the lemon juice into the polenta before pouring into bowls. Serve with kale and mushrooms on top and drizzle with olive oil.