Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bacon & broccoli pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A light and tasty dish great for during the week or a weekend treat.
- 8 rashers unsmoked bacon
- 1 small/medium broccoli head
- 250g cream cheese
- 400g penne pasta
- Fresh or dried parsley
- Parmesan shavings (optional)
- STEP 1Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Meanwhile cut the bacon into small squares and fry in a little olive oil until slightly crisp.
- STEP 2Add the pasta to the salted boiling water and cook for 10 mins or until Al dente. Cut the broccoli head into small florets and discard the stalks (my dog gets them for a treat).
- STEP 3Add the broccoli to the bacon and fry for a few mins. Then once everything is cooked drain the pasta and transfer the bacon/broccoli mix to the same large pan. Then stir in the cream cheese, parsley and seasoning.
- STEP 4Serve immediately on its own or with a nice garlic bread. A few parmesan shavings on top are also tasty. Enjoy!