Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Wild Garlic Pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 30
Wild Garlic Pesto to add to pasta or for general flavouring.
- 100 gms wild garlic leaves (only leaves, no flowers or buds)
- 50 gms toasted pine nuts
- 50 gms grated parmesan cheese
- 150 ml Greek olive oil
- Some sea salt flakes
- STEP 1Freshness is important! Have all other ingredients to hand before collecting garlic leaves. Gather young leaves, avoiding those close to busy roads (because of car exhaust contamination). 100 gms is about a large mixing bowl full.
- STEP 2Discard garlic stems and wash leaves in cold water. Shake or spin leaves in salad spinner to remove excess water. Chop leaves.
- STEP 3Toast pine nuts in minimum of oil.
- STEP 4Blend pine nuts and garlic leaves. Add 1/3 of oil, blend again. Stir in rest of oil and cheese. Put mixture into small jars, seal with melted butter Add a little salt.
- STEP 5I have experimented with other nut / cheese ingredients such as hazel nuts and hard Welsh cheese.