Chocolate Coconut Slice
Member recipe by kevinhancock
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 100 g butter
- 250 g unsweetened desiccatedcoconut
- 220 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g good quality darkchocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Line a shallow 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper. In a small saucepan or microwave oven, melt the butter and leave it to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut and sugar together, then add the melted butter and lightly beaten eggs and stir to combine. Stir the chopped chocolate through the mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes until firm. Leave the slice in the tin for about 5 minutes after youâve removed it from the oven, then cut into rectangles and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely