Roasted Chickpea & Halloumi Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick, easy and vegetarian, perfect for weekday summer evenings!
- Tin of chickpeas
- Rocket leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 230 degrees. Drain and wash the tin of chickpeas. Coat the chickpeas in olive oil and black pepper then place on a baking tray in the oven for approx 30 minutes.
- STEP 2After 10 minutes in the oven add half a red pepper cut in to large chunks (I used a sweet & crunchy pointed pepper) and the tomatoes to the baking tray. Make sure to lightly coat the pepper and tomatoes with olive oil either from the tray or an additional drizzle if needed.
- STEP 3In a large bowl combine garlic, paprika and basil along with the spinach and rocket leaves (I used a mixed bag of leaves).
- STEP 4Cut the block of halloumi in to large chunks and fry in a wok on a medium/high heat for approximately 10 minutes or until golden.
- STEP 5Add the tomatoes, peppers and chickpeas to the bowl and toss well. Divide into bowls and top with the halloumi.