Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Potato rosti brunch
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Delicious potato rosti, montery jack cheese and smoked streaky bacon, with a poached egg on top.
- Half a sweet potato and half a baking potato of a medium size
- handful of Rocket leaves
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tsp Creamed Horseradish
- Streaky Bacon
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1tbs Plain Flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Large eggs
- STEP 1Peel and grate the potato into a large bowl lined with a dish towel and remove as much water from the grated potato as possible. Finely chop the garlic and mix together in a bowl.
- STEP 2Season with salt and pepper. Add the flour and egg yolk along with the creamed horseradish. Mix together well and form the rosti into 2 patty's.
- STEP 3Heat a little oil over a medium heat in a frying pan. Once at temperature, place the rosti's and keep turning every few minutes. These should take about 20-30minutes to cook through depending on how thick you've made them. Heat a saucepan full of water.
- STEP 4Once cooked remove from the frying pan and put the cheese on top. Put the streaky bacon into the frying pan and cook to your liking. Once the bacon is cooked place it on a plate to cool while you poach the eggs.
- STEP 5Arrange a small handful of rocket onto the rosti, place the bacon on top and finally the poached egg. Serve and enjoy while warm.