Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Garnishing, 5 minutes
- Serves 4
A Filipino recipe, ideal for 4 people sharing
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2/3 cup apple cyder vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pak choi, cut into 1-inch bits
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- ground black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Combine onions, garlic, apple cyder vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar in slow cooker. Season with black pepper. Place chicken thighs on top and dash paprika over the lot.
- STEP 2Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- STEP 3Switch slow cooker to High. Add pak choi. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Serve with steamed rice and garnish with spring onion.