Light Potato Salad Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A nice light summery potato salad recipe. Photo shows the potato salad served with chicken schnitzel.
- 450g Waxy Skin New Potatoes (I use Annabelle potatoes)
- 50ml light chicken stock, hot
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp herbed crème fraîche (can be plain, but this gives more flavour)
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- STEP 1Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender (approx 10-12 minutes). Once cooked, drain the potatoes and slice them into smaller pieces. I prefer quarters.
- STEP 2Put the still warm potatoes into a bowl with the chicken stock and stir. The potatoes should soak up some of the stock. Leave to cool a little.
- STEP 3Trim the bases from the spring onions and remove any dry or unsightly tips. Finely chop.
- STEP 4When the potatoes are still warm but no longer hot add the spring onions, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, parsley and a little seasoning. Gently mix to combine.
- STEP 5You're done! Best served at room temperature, but can be made in advance and refrigerated.