Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Olive and Fig Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Olive it! was created to celebrate olives and help inspire you to try out delicious olive recipes and get cooking with this wonderfully versatile fruit.
- 30 Green olives
- 100g Fresh Figs
- 2tbsp Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Star anise
- 2 tsp Sweet paprika powder
- 100ml Olive oil
- 2tbsp Tomatoes
- Salt (taste)
- Crushed Black pepper (taste)
- 100ml Orange juice
- 100ml Red wine
- 6 Capers
- STEP 1Poach fresh figs in orange juice and red wine reduction with star anise.
- STEP 2Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- STEP 3Add sliced olives, capers and poached figs and cook in a low flame.
- STEP 4Adjust seasonings (season salt, pepper) and add fine herbs, parsley and cook till its set
- STEP 5Place a ring in the plate and serve, take the ring out.
- STEP 6Add garnish of olives and fresh herbs.