Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
Delicious and moist banana cake that is super easy and quick to make.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 fluid oz of sunflower oil
- 6 fluid oz of honey or 7oz brown sugar
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 oz flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- STEP 1Mix all of the wet ingredients, except from the mashed bananas, together in a large bowl. Combine dry ingredients in a separate smaller bowl.
- STEP 2Now add the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring constantly. Once this is done, gently fold in the mashed bananas.
- STEP 3Bake in a buttered loaf tin or parchment lined tin for 25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius (170 fan) and then for a further 30 minutes at 160 degrees celsius ( 150 fan oven).
- STEP 4Leave to cool for 10 mins in tin before taking it out.