Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chickpea Patties with seasonal salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Chickpea and chilli patties on an asparagus tower, topped with grated beetroot and a side of avocado.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 avocardo
- 5 asparagus spears
- 1/2 onion, chopped into small cubes
- 1 beetroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Fry off the onions and garlic in a frying pan until the onions are transparent and the garlic is almost cooked. Take off the heat and put into a large bowl.
- STEP 2Drain the chickpeas and add to the onions and garlic, then add the chilli. Using a potato masher, mash the mix together (leaving some whole chickpeas) Mould the mixture into a circle, if it does not tick together, add egg yolk.
- STEP 3Place the patty in a pan with oil and fry on each side for 2 minutes at a medium heat. Once crispy, take off the heat and place to one side.
- STEP 4On a plate, lay down 3 asparagus spears, and then 2 crossing in the opposite direction on top. Chop the avocado into slices and lay around the edge of the plate.
- STEP 5Take the patty and place on the asparagus tower. Grate the beetroot on top and to finish, drip balsamic salad dressing on the edges of the plate.