Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
One pot chicken cacciatore
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Prep 15 mins
- More effort
- Serves 4
This recipie is great if you want to create a healthy tastey dish for your family with little mess.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.8kg/ 4lb skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flat leaved parsley
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
- 150ml/ 5fl oz red wine
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil springs to garnish
- STEP 1preheat the oven to 160oc/325of/gas mark 3. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Add the chicken over a medium heat stirring frequently for 5-10 mins/ until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- STEP 2Add the onions and garlic to the casserole dish and cook over a low heat stirring occasionally for 10 mins/ until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and their juices, parsley, tomato puree and wine, and tear the basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Bring the mixture to the boil, then return the chicken to the dish pushing it down into the cooking liquid. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. serve immediately, garnish with fresh basil springs.