Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
chocolate orange cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 minutes cooling time
- Makes Muffins
these are so nice. This recipe is perfect for the whole family. When I first made them my cake shop was so popular!
For the cupcakes:
- 40g coco
- 175 self raising flour
- 175g butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g caster sugar
For the icing:
- 50g melted butter
- 45g coco
- 75ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g icing sugar
For the decoration:
- 2 large terry's chocolate orange balls or 5 bars of terry's chocolate orange
- 1 crushed bar of terry's chocolate orange
- STEP 1to make the cakes, Pre-heat oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- STEP 2Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- STEP 3Gradually add the eggs.
- STEP 4Sift the flour and the coco powder in.
- STEP 5Divide the mix into the cupcake cases.
- STEP 6Cook for 15-20 minutes and then leave to cool for 5 minutes and don't take them out of the tray.
- STEP 7For the icing, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. If the icing is very liquid, put in some more icing sugar.
- STEP 8spread the icing on the cupcakes, put 2 slices of chocolate orange on each cake and sprinkle with the crushed orange bar.