Curried Egg Noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A quick and easy Indianised noodles recipe which also turns out to be healthy.
- 3 nest of egg noodles (I used Sainsburys egg noodles)
- 2 red peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 salad onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 garlic pods (grated)
- 3tbsp cooking oil (I used rice bran oil)
- Spices: 1tsp each of turmeric powder, cummin powder, coriander powder and crushed pepper
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt as per taste (about 1tsp)
- 1tbsp chopped coriander (for garnishing)
- STEP 1Cook noodles as per packet instruction.
- STEP 2While noodles is being cooked, heat oil in a wok or a wide-round bottomed pan.
- STEP 3Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 mins
- STEP 4Add all the spices and saute for 1 minute
- STEP 5Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 6Add peppers and cook for 5 minutes
- STEP 7Add the lemon juice and salt
- STEP 8Add the cooked noodles and mix well in the sauce. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- STEP 9In step 6, you can add other vegetables like broccoli to increase the health quotient.