- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Makes about 30
An easy simple treat that is lovely and crumbly that you could make for a gift or just for you at home.
- Oil for greasing
- 300ml milk
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- STEP 1Grease an 18cm square cake tin.
- STEP 2Put the milk, sugar and butter into a heavy based saucepan. Heat slowly stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- STEP 3Bring to the boil for 20 minutes stirring all the time.
- STEP 4When the mixture reaches the soft ball stage remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- STEP 5Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon or use an electric wisk for a few minutes until it starts to thicken and the gloss disappears.
- STEP 6Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and leave to set at room temperature (do not put in the fridge).
- STEP 7Once the fudge has set cut into small squares and store in a sealed container.