Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smashed roast new potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Smashed roast new potatoes with garlic and rosemary
- 1 head of garlic
- 1kg new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 50g butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Grated pecorino (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200ÃÂ°C/gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Put the head of garlic on to a piece of foil and roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, scrub the potatoes and put them into a saucepan. Pour over boiling water, add salt and cook them for 15 minutes.
- STEP 4Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Drain the potatoes and crush them roughly.
- STEP 5Squeeze out the soft garlic from the cloves and add it to the melted butter with the finely chopped rosemary.
- STEP 6Toss the crushed potatoes in the garlic butter mixture and season well. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- STEP 7Place in an ovenproof dish and roast until golden brown and crisp on the top. Scatter a layer of freshly grated pecorino (if using) over the top before serving.