Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy and straight forward. This authentic Punjabi Chicken curry with Spinach will make your tastebuds dance.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 600g Chicken thigh pieces
- 2 inch piece Ginger, grated
- 6 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 4 fresh green chillies, chopped
- 2 Fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Salt, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli powder/flakes
- 1/4 Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Half a bag of fresh Spinach
- 100 ml Water
- Basmati rice
- Fresh Coriander
- STEP 1Heat oil in a medium/large pan then add chopped onion. Cook until soft.
- STEP 2Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Now add the fresh Ginger and Garlic along with the fresh chillies and diced tomato. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Now add the spices and the salt, stir well and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- STEP 5At this point add half the bag of fresh spinach and 100ml water. Stir well then bring to boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Garnish with fresh Coriander. Add more salt if you desire.
- STEP 6Serve with Basmati rice. Tip: the curry tastes even better the next day after marinating. Enjoy.