Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
African butternut chicken chickpea peanut
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Healthy and delicious
- 10 chicken thighs cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion (large, diced)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tsps garam masala
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 11/2 cups canned tomatoes diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsps sucanat or muscavado sugar or honey
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 cups butternut squash (cubed, or sweet potato)
- STEP 11. In a large saucepan, add the coconut oil on high. When fully melted, throw in the chicken pieces and quickly sear. Add in onion and garam masala and coat.
- STEP 22. Pour this into the crockpot and add the peanut butter, coating all the chicken.
- STEP 33. Add the rest of ingredients except the chickpeas and squash and set on low for 8-10 hours.
- STEP 44. In the last two hours, add in the chickpeas and squash.
- STEP 55.Garnish with chopped peanuts if you like.