Greek Style Roasted Mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven at the last minute.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large flat mushrooms, wiped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 75 g/3 oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumble
- 50 g/2oz pitted black olives, halved
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas 6
- STEP 2Brush a little olive oil over each mushroom and arrange, upside down, on a non stick baking tray.
- STEP 3Mix the tomatoes, onions,garlic,cheese, olives and parsley together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- STEP 4Divide de mixture equally between each mushroom. Transfer to the preheat oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is pipping hot.
- STEP 5Serve hot or warm. These make great party snacks, or server 2 per person with a crisp salad for light and healthy meal