Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Karen’s cheese and onion quiche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Pastry resting, chilling, and blind baking
- Serves 4
Delicious vegetarian quiche,which is easy to make!
- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 2 onions
- 170g extra mature grated cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 180g milk
- Pinch of dark brown soft sugar
- STEP 1Make the pastry (recipe from Bbcgoodfood website). Chill for 30 mins minimum. Whilst pastry chills, chop onions, and sauté with the sugar, in butter for 5-10 minutes. When cool,mix with cheese,and plenty of seasoning. Blind bake pastry case in 20 cm quiche/tart tin. Add cheese and onion filling to cooked pastry case. Mix eggs and milk,and pour into quiche tin. Bake for 50 mins on 170 fan/ 180 conventional oven. When cool enough to handle, remove quiche from tin.