Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken, Sage and Sweet Potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A low calorie soup with plenty of veg and plenty of flavour!
- 400 gr chicken breast
- 300 gr peeled and chopped Sweet Potatoes
- 200 gr Chopped Carrots
- 1 small courgette
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Bay leaves and black pepper to taste
- 1.7 litres of chicken or veg stock
- 20 sprays of 1 cal coconut cooking spray
- 1 to 2 tbsp Fresh Sage, chopped.
- STEP 1Spray the pan with the coconut spray. Chop the chicken into 1 inch approx pieces and place in the pan with the onion and garlic until chicken is browned and onion and garlic softened.
- STEP 2Add all the rest of the chopped veg to the pan with the stock and stir well. Add Bay leaves, sage and pepper to taste.
- STEP 3Bring to the boil and then simmer until all the veg is soft enough for a fork to break it apart. Then place the soup in a blender and whizz!
- STEP 4Serve with fresh bread, and a dollop of sour cream if preferred.