Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
prawn and bacon tortillas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
a speedy lunch, using fresh prawns and bacon, with mixed vegetables in creme fraiche
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- 16 leaves of lettuce, washed
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or dijonnaise
- 20 medium prawns, shelled, deveined, washed and drained
- frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, maize)
- 1 bell pepper, washed, deseeded, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add the oil to prevent the butter from burning. Fry the bacon until just crisp.
- STEP 2Add the frozen vegetables and bell pepper and cook until done, about 5 min. Add the chopped garlic and saute for 2 min.
- STEP 3Arrange the prawns in a single layer, and let them heat through until they become opaque, turning over once. Salt and pepper according to taste.
- STEP 4Sprinkle over the lemon juice and dry sherry and mix well for 1min until the alcohol has evaporated. Add the creme fraiche, and mix everything well.
- STEP 5Layer one tortilla, spread over 1/4 tsp of mayonnaise or dijonnaise, and spread 2 lettuce leaves on top. Spoon over some filling, and roll the tortilla till tight. Enjoy!